We always try to bring the most relevant and timely health information to our practice members and digital community, and we kept on receiving requests to do a #H2H on blood sugar results. Please watch this month's recap below (Turn Up Volume). Underneath the video, you will find the audio recording (perfect for driving in the car) and Dr. A and Dr. C's notes. Please join us in October for our #H2H on Women's Health.
Nutrition 101 - What your blood tells you!
1. Why are a group of chiropractors talking about nutrition? Works hand & hand with chiropractic!
2. Nutrient toxicity vs nutrient deficiency
3. Stats: USDA -Using USDA data, found that broccoli, for example, had 130 mg of calcium in 1950. Today, that number is only 48 mg.
4. Well rounded lifestyle is the best nutrition – focusing on vegetables, proteins, and good fats.
5. Why would someone use supplements and what are the best kinds?
6. Wellness Nutrition vs Therapeutic Nutrition – Wellness is something that all people should do and therapeutic nutrition is based on some type of analysis or specific testing.
7. Our Top Wellness Items
B. Vitamin D: (Bio-D Mulsion Forte) Vitamin D is important for immune and bone health. Most Americans are deficient.
D. Probiotic: BioDoph 7 – cultures digestion with billions of good bacteria.
What is a simple way to evaluate therapeutic nutrition? Blood work – It’s the recipe for what is going on in our bodies!
1. CBC with a differential – immune system, red blood cells, platelets, anemia’s
2. Comprehensive Metabolic Panel – evaluates many minerals, enzymes, sugars needed for common body functions such as digestion, acid base balance, and liver function.
3. Lipid Panel – evaluates fats and cholesterols in the body- brain and body need oils- the building blocks.
4. Thyroid Panel – Helps to assess metabolism in the body, body signals- temp, wt. loss, hormonal function, energy.
5. Urinalysis – Evaluates how our kidneys are procession the metabolites from digestion.
Other types of tests: HA1C, VIT D, TPO, Nutritional Microscopy, ACG, Bio-Communication, Test kits, EFA Bloodspot Test, Female Hormone Panels, saliva tests.
Drugless Action Steps:
- Receive nutrients from organic vegetables
- Focus on wellness and nutritional items
- Consider therapeutic testing for a personally designed strategy for your optimal health- find out your baseline
September In-Office Special
OPTI CHEM BLOOD WORK ANALYSIS ($115) a $30 savings
Have a great month!