Our March "Half-Hour to Health" was on a subject in which we have helped many of our practice members overcome with chiropractic and nutrition: Anxiety & Depression.
Below are our notes and the video with Dr. Bob. Please pass this on to anyone who you know can benefit!
The Drugless Approach to Anxiety and Depression
Why are we as Chiropractors talking about mental health?
Brain & Nervous System – Current research is showing that chiropractic care alone can increase brain function by 20-50%!
How does someone’s mental health impact their body and current state of health?
Humans are the only animals who regularly experience a stress response without an actual stressor present.
- How many adults have depression? Estimated that over 3 million American adults have depression
- How many adults have anxiety? Over 40 million adults over 18 have anxiety.
- Research shows 1 out of 7 U.S. children aged 2 to 8 years had a diagnosed mental, behavioral, or developmental disorder (MBDD), from CDC.
1. Studies have repeatedly shown antidepressants work no better than placebo for mild to moderate depression, yet carry a significant risk of side effects.
2. Depression is likely the result of multiple environmental and biological factors, including faulty mood regulation by the brain, genetic vulnerability, stressful life events, nutrition, medications and medical problems, among others.
- What is it? Fear or nervousness of what might happen. Fear of the unknown?
- Body Signals: signs of apprehension, restlessness, upset stomach, shortness of breath, fatigue, insomnia, increase heart rate, sweating, and many others.
Best ways to combat anxiety and depression (NATURALLY):
B. Omega 3 – (Optimal EFA, Bio-Omega 3, Flax Oil)
D. B Vitamins
F. Clean Eating – vegetables, proteins, good fats
G. Gut Health
Upcoming Westlake Events:
April Half Hour to Health: How to improve your breathing and allergies naturally!
Weds. April 4th at NOON and Thurs. APRIL 5th at 6 PM – No registration required!
Monday April 16th @ 6PM- Create a breast health strategy! Come learn more about a different approach to breast health and the innovative technology of Breast Thermography.
Help us reach our community! Who do you know that would benefit from this information? Do you have a business that would be interested in having us speak? Contact us, email@example.com to schedule us for your next event.