Did you know that chiropractic is a secret weapon for optimal brain health? We have seen our practice member’s memory, ADHD, and more improve with the help of adjustments. In this month’s H2H, we go over the best nutrition for your brain and what lifestyle modifications you can start today for your brain’s health.
Facts About Your Brain!
1. Estimated 86 billion brain cells per brain
2. 25% of the body’s cholesterol is in the brain – it is an integral part of nervous system health.
3. The speed at which the brain sends messages to the body is about 268 mi/hr.
4. Low levels of omega 3 can be the equivalent to two years of brain aging.
5. Low fat diets can cause the brain to cannibalize itself.
Happy Brain = Healthy Lifestyle
1. Stable source of energy- protein (brain uses 20% of your energy, brain only is 2% total weight)
2. Nutrients- nourishing food (green leafy vegetables, rainbow colored and variety of vegetables)
3. Antioxidants- reduce oxidation; keeps the brain “clean”
4. EFA’S- protect the brain, decrease inflammation, and transmit messages
5. Water: drink ½ your body weight in oz. everyday of water (brain 78% water) thirsty=dull
6. Avoid: sugar, wheat, soy (takes minerals/zinc out of body)
7. Exercise- 30 minutes of exercise daily
8. Chiropractic- brain & body connection
9. Sleep- your goal is 7-8 hours of restful sleep.
Nutritional Support for Brain:
Coconut Oil- Use this in cooking as well as with butter and olive oil.
Vitamin D-Mulsion: Immune support, 2-3 drops on tongue until April
Essential Fatty Acids: Optimal EFA’s-Brain support, 3 capsules/day or 1 teaspoon/day
Li- Zyme Forte: Vegetable lithium, mental stress, depression, 3 tablets 3x/day
Bio B Complex: B vitamins, stress- 1-3/day with meals
Celtic Sea Salt: minerals get depleted during stress, use liberally on food, ¼ tspn. In H20
Cognitive Enhancer – higher brain function – one with a meal
*Please consider a consultation before starting a supplement routine