In June (and every month), we want to teach you our drugless tips on how to help age gracefully and to keep your youthful glow as long as possible!
A recent USA TODAY study done on people 60+, when asked about things they would have done differently to prepare for their senior years- the top 2 things were taken better care of their health and spending more time with family.
1. True health- is not more drugs or more surgeries, taking responsibility now-prevention now
2. Biological age vs. chronological age
3. Quality of lifestyle and diets can shorten or lengthen the human lifespan.
The Aging Process
- Oxygen and free radicals produce toxic chemicals in the body that hinder metabolism, accumulation of toxic breakdown products slows down body chemistry & interferes with enzyme functions. Scientists say we experience 10,000 individual free radicals each day.
- Sugar and inflammation- robs our body of minerals (especially chromium, potassium, zinc, and B vitamins). They prevent movement of essential fatty acid’s and stress out our pancreas and adrenal glands, inhibits our immune system, feeds yeast/bacteria, dissolves minerals in our teeth and causes WRINKLING.
Fact- rats that live on a calorie restricted diet with no sugar live 50% longer.
3. Stress and your environment- our capacity of stress has limits, if we exceed them our body breaks down, 2 types of stress: positive (things we choose to engage in/challenges us and strengthens) negative (tears us down). Physical, chemical, and emotional stresses on the body.
The Drugless Doctors Anti-Aging Plan
- Chiropractic: Supports your brain and nervous system. It stabilizes and enhances your ability to rebuild/heal yourself. It’s estimated there are 10,000 free radicals per day your body withstands. The CNS is the primary system that controls all function/healing in the body as well.
- Healthy fuel for your body- to help keep cells active/clean/moving
- Digestive efficiency, optimal bowel flora, bowel movements
- Clean water- drinking 1⁄2 your body weight in ounces per day
- Avoidance of external/internal toxic influences (air, environment, chemicals, foods)
- Exercise-brain and body health, detoxification, balancing hormones, movement is life
- Sunshine -> Vitamin D
- Positive goals, activities, supportive relationships, self-esteem
- Enjoyment of your own life- if it is to be, it is up to ME
- REST and RELAXATION!
Our Top 3 Anti–Aging Products
2. Bio- Protect Plus – high in antioxidants and green tea extract
3. Resveratrol 150 from Gaia Herbs– Antioxidants, anti-cancer, anti-diabetic