Each week, Dr. Bob and Debbie prepare their meals on Sunday. In this video, Dr. Bob shows us one way they do this. Others include baking beets, and salad prep. Do you prepare your meals for the week ahead? Let us know!
The Drugless Doctors’ blog includes weekly updates to events at our practice in Westlake and Elyria, current health trends, patient testimonials, and our television program, “The Drugless Doctor.”
Each week, Dr. Bob and Debbie prepare their meals on Sunday. In this video, Dr. Bob shows us one way they do this. Others include baking beets, and salad prep. Do you prepare your meals for the week ahead? Let us know!
This month our "Half-Hour to Health" was on sugar. Below are Dr. Anthony and Dr. Casen's notes on the subject, including the video and audio feedback. If you would have any questions, please email us at email@example.com. We are always more than ready to assist you!
SUGAR: What you need to know
What is sugar? It is a class of carbohydrates that turn into energy.
Why sugar is scary? Targets our belly, silent killer, addictive, and causes damage to a liver, low nutritious value, and it cause your body to attack itself.
61 different names for sugar (University of California San Francisco)
Agave nectar, Barbados sugar, barley malt. Barley malt syrup, beet sugar, brown sugar, buttered syrup, cane juice, cane juice crystals, cane sugar, caramel, carob syrup, caster sugar, coconut palm sugar, coconut sugar, confectioners’ sugar, corn sweetener, corn syrup, corn syrup solids. Date sugar, dehydrated cane juice, demerara sugar, dextrin, dextrose, evaporated cane juice, free flowing brown sugars, fructose, fruit juice, fruit juice concentrate, glucose, glucose solids, golden sugar, golden syrup, grape sugar, high fructose corn syrup, honey, icing sugar, invert sugar, malt syrup, maltodextrin, maltol, mannose, maple sugar, molasses, muscovado, palm sugar, panocha, raw sugar, refiner's syrup, rice syrup, saccharose, sorghum syrup, sucrose, sugar granulated, sweet sorghum, treacle, turbinado sugar, yellow sugar
Sugar substitutes: stevia, aspartame, sucralose (Splenda), neotame, acesilfame potassium, saccharin, advantame, erythritol, xylitol, cyclamate (sweet n low), mannitol, polydextrose, sorbitol, glycerol, fructoologosacchride, curculin
Drugless Doctors Points for sugar
-Creates inflammation in the body
-Decreases immune system function
-Slows the healing process down in the body
-Promotes weight gain
-Creates liver distress and adrenal fatigue
Sugar Facts: 1 teaspoon of sugar = 4.2 grams, 1 tablespoon of ketchup = 4 grams (around 1 teaspoon) of sugar.
1. AHA recommends not eating more than 24 grams or 6 teaspoons of added sugar per day for women and 36 grams or 9 teaspoons per day for men. The average American consumes 30 teaspoons of sugar daily.
2. 2013 study found globally 180,000 die per year from sweetened beverage consumption.
3. 200 years ago Americans at 2 pounds of sugar per year, today however the average American consumes over 150 pounds of sugar in a year.
4. Sugar has not been extensively studied in chronic disease: has been linked to type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, dementia, cancer, and weight gain.
5. JAMA: Americans get on average 350 calories from added sugar or 22 teaspoons. People that consume 21 percent of their daily calories from added sugar are twice as likely to die from heart disease.
6. Sugar and Cancer: cancer needs to utilize sugar as a source of energy. In order to starve cancer cells you have to starve the source of fuel. The WHO predicts cancer will rise by 57% in the next two decades.
7. Not all sugar is created equal. 15.2 oz of Minute Maid 100% Apple Juice contains 49 grams of sugar (same as eating 10 Oreos) – Sources of sugar you may have not considered: bread, yogurt, salad dressing, protein bars, pretzels, beef jerky, cereal, non-dairy milk, pasta sauce, fruit juice.
8. A 32 oz. Gatorade has 36 grams of sugar which is like eating 5 Reese’s Peanut butter cups.
9. Sugar activates the reward center of your brain just like drugs such as cocaine, and amphetamines.
10. Sugar is toxic to your liver just like drinking alcohol can be.
1. Take an inventory- what are you consuming/day?
2. Read all ingredients and labels (especially the smaller print). Avoid anything that says sugar or the other chemicals listed above like dyes, artificial flavorings or colorings, cane sugar, coconut sugar, agave, honey…etc
3. Share this information with 1 person you love or care about
August Specials 10% off these nutrients:
Cr-Zyme: This is a chromium mineral which can be used for morning sickness, decreased or increased blood glucose levels, elevated CHO, can use up to 2 tablets 3x/day with meals.
Bio-Glycozyme Forte: A broad spectrum vitamin to support hypoglycemia, fatigue, adrenal fatigue, carb sensitivity (can take up to 2 capsules 3x/day with meals).
Glucobalance: Formula for insulin dependent diabetics, non-insulin dependent diabetics. With people who take insulin, make sure to check your blood sugar, this nutrient has dramatic results on decreasing blood sugar.
SEE HOW MUCH SUGAR YOU CONSUME! HA1C Special - $30 all month.
Our next breast thermography day will be FRIDAY August 25th. Space is very limited. See our team to get set up.
One of favorite summer activities is to hang out with friends on a patio or rooftop, and we were able to do just that this past week at ReBol discussing healthy ways to detox. You can watch Dr. Bob's recommended detoxification here! We also visited O'Neill Healthcare for an engaging conversation on how stress affects our daily health and how we can give ourselves a drugless boost.
This Wednesday (noon) and Thursday (6p), please join us for our "Half-Hour to Health" on SUGAR. We know you'll learn a lot. Have a great week!
If you would be interested in having any of The Drugless Doctors team speak at an organizational event, please go here. We would love to help!
This month, Dr. Bob was joined by Dr. Casen for his monthly Facebook Live. In this recap, they discuss C-sections, which Dr. Casen shares her knowledge in regards to pediatric chiropractic. Part two includes a look at how to keep your skin happy and healthy. Join Dr. Casen and Dr. Anthony next Wednesday/Thursday at their Westlake practice for their H2H on sugar!
Summer is a great time to highlight the produce that is fresh from the farm (or supermarket), and Dr. Bob is in his kitchen making a meal with his findings. What are your favorite vegetables to cook during the summer? Let us know!
We're headed into the *hopefully* best summer month of the year, and there are plenty of activities we have planned at our office and throughout the greater Cleveland region. Which we would love to have you visit!
August 2/3 - "Half-Hour to Health": SUGAR. Wednesday at 12p, Thursday at 6p. Westlake
August 10 - "Faster Results" Perfect class for new practice members. 6p. Westlake
August 19 - The Westside Flea. 9a-3p. North Olmsted
Win Big in August! | Refer or Review (Or Both!)
This month, refer someone to our practice for chiropractic or nutritional care, our breast thermography service, and receive an entry to win one of our prizes!
-Massage from Massage Heights
-Cryotherapy session from CryoActive RR
-Aladdin's Gift Card
More About Breast Thermography
One of the most vital concerns for female health is functioning breast tissue. The tissue is viewed as a representation of health for the entire body, and our breast thermography tool allows us to create a personalized and drugless breast health strategy. Our next in-office event is Friday, August 25th. Please call (440) 471-4200 to schedule. Space is limited.
Go here for more information.
Our H2H this month is on sugar (see above) and how it affects the body. The products we have on special this month are here to help with any blood sugar concerns, including: Glucobalance, Bio-Glycozyme Forte, and Cr-Zyme. They will all be 10% off all of August.
August also finds itself as a popular for the return of school sports. Our “Drugless” sports drink ingredients will also be on special, including Aqueous Multi-Plus and Amino Acid Quick Sorb. See Below.
HA1C- This is an effective tool to evaluate the amount of blood sugar on top of a red blood cell over three months. This is offered at $30 all month (normally $51).
Let's have a great August!
Summer is now in full-swing, and this past week included a few exciting events that we loved participating with:
-Dr. Casen spent the day at Nations Lending's Wellness Health Fair and was able to introduce The Drugless Doctors to their energetic environment.
-Debbie represented our team at the Bay Arts Farmer's Market on Thursday and mingled with the fun crowd who stopped by for their weekly vegetable fix.
This week, our team will be at ReBol discussing "Healthy Detox Strategies." Go here to view the event. Then, join Dr. Bob and Dr. Casen for his monthly #PreventSurgery Facebook live this Wednesday at 9p EST as they'll be discussing skin/nail health, and also C-sections.
Do you ever wonder what we (The Drugless Doctors' team) eat for lunch? Last week, Dr. Bob opened up his kitchen to show what makes up his second meal of the day. If you are looking for his beets recipe, you can find it here. We look forward to sharing more of these food-based videos with you, Email firstname.lastname@example.org for your video ideas and what else you would like to see. Thanks for watching!
After a relaxing July 4th holiday, we were back to meeting people at various organizations this past week. Coming up, we have a talk at ReBol next week that we hope you can join us. Go here for more information and to RSVP!
This past week we met with Bay Village mayor, Paul Koomar, and we enjoyed sharing our passion for helping others. We also experienced cryotherapy at Cryoactive Fitness. One word: FREEZING!, but worth trying. Lastly, we met plenty of new individuals at The Westside Flea. We look forward to meeting many of you in the community throughout the summer and into the fall!
When was the last time you had absolutely no stress in your life? Us too! The truth is, most of us have some sort of stress happening each and every day. The upside to this, is there are ways to help your body manage how stress does affect our health, which is what we discussed in this month's "Half-Hour to Health." Please watch the video below, and we have also added a tape recording of our talk that you can listen when you are in the car or anywhere on the go!
Hi Everyone! Dr. Bob's #PreventSurgery Facebook live broadcast this month was on men's health (June is recognized as Men's Health Month). He discussed the top men's health concerns he sees each day in the practice and the drugless protocol he recommends. One of those happens to be stress, and next week, we invite you to join us at our "Half-Hour to Health" at our Westlake practice: Thursday 6p. See you there!
We have many ways to celebrate our independence this upcoming month. See below for details and join us out in our community!
Make sure to note our special hours Fourth of July Week in both our Westlake and Elyria office
Monday Morning the 3rd adjusting hours only, Wednesday the 5th afternoon adjusting hours only, Normal hours all day Thursday 6th
July 4th closed – SPECIAL OPENING July 6th all day in our Elyria Office
Office events for the month of JULY:
July 12- Half-Hour to Health 12pm. Topic: Freedom From Stress @ Westlake Office
July 13- Half-Hour to Health 6pm. Topic: Freedom From Stress @ Westlake Office
July 15 - River Days Event @ Rocky River Recreation Center
July 25 - Talk @ Rebol Restaurant. Topic: Detox through foods. 6:30pm
July 30- Faster Results Workshop 6pm - Helping our members get the fastest results in and outside the office @ Westlake Office
Christmas in July
What a great way to celebrate the summer by referring a friend of family member into the office. Stop by our front desk and purchase a certificate for $95 (normally $195) for an initial assessment in our office to create a personalized health strategy for a friend or family member. Don’t delay! We only have a limited number of certificates available.
Scroll down below for more about our July in-office specials from our wellness store.
All Celtic Sea Salt products 10% off, Basic Nine, and ADB5 Plus are also 10% off.
August 25th- OUR NEXT BREAST THERMOGRAPHY DATE (click for more information)
Space is quickly filling up for our next breast thermography date. If you have not had the opportunity to get a thermography and create a personalized breast health strategy now is the time. Call our office today 440-471-4200 to reserve your spot. SPACE IS LIMITED
More Info On Our Specials
All Celtic Sea Salt products will be on special in office. (10%) Off
Selina Naturally Celtic Sea Salts are traditionally harvested to preserve their natural balance of minerals – a balance that fits ideally with the natural composition of the "natural salt water" that makes up as much as 60% of the human body.
According to H.H. Mitchell, Journal of Biological Chemistry 158, the brain and heart are composed of 73% water, and the lungs are about 83% water (May 2, 2016).
The composition of the minerals in the water of the body are, not only sodium, but a natural balance of potassium, calcium, magnesium, and a host of other essential minerals. In fact, it is the ionic charge across the cell wall between sodium and potassium, often referred to as the sodium pump that creates the electric charge that accounts for life itself.
Summer is here and we were grateful for the opportunity to spend the first week of the new season at The Westside Flea in North Olmsted and the Cleveland Birth Expo. If you have an event, we would be there! Please visit our Community page or email email@example.com!
We hope you enjoyed our first blog of “In Our Community” last week. During this season, we love to take advantage of all of the outdoor festivals, markets, and other opportunities to connect with the Northeast Ohio community.
This week took us many places including the Avon Health & Safety Fair. Dr. Anthony and Casen were able to spend time meeting plenty of residents interested in safety prevention. It continued with Dr. Casen discussing posture improvement at the French Creek YMCA and Dr. Bob discussing men’s health strategies at AmTrust in Cleveland. We wrapped up another filled week Thursday evening at the Bay Arts Farmer’s Market with Dr. Bob and Debbie. You must visit the summer if you have the chance!
Coming up on the horizon, you can find us at:
We would love to speak at your organization or wellness fair! Please go here to view all of our @Work talks and email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule!
Today is the beginning of our new weekly blog, "In Our Community." It's so new that the title may change, but we are going to keep it for now. One of our favorite things to do is to get out and meet the people of Northeast Ohio and to help share our knowledge of health and how you can live life well with drugless care. This week we were at Findley Davies as Dr. Anthony shared how you can decrease stress, and also how to avoid "Text Neck." Next, Dr. Casen took part in the UPS Wellness Fair and capped off the week with "Healthy Strides" in partnership with the Cleveland Clinic.
If your company would be interested in having us come and speak for a "Lunch & Learn," please don't hesitate to ask! Email email@example.com. You can also go here to learn more about our @Work program.
Everywhere you go it seems like there's a new skin-care company promoting a product which will cure fine lines and wrinkles. It's true that we want to look as young as we can for as long as we can, and for this month's H2H, we are looking at drugless and natural steps to help keep our youthful glow. Please watch the video below and share with anyone you know can benefit! For optimal viewing, please turn up the volume when watching!
Hi Everyone! Our May Facebook live event with Dr. Bob was on how you can #PreventSurgery in regards to pain (tendons, joints, and hernias). You can watch the video below and to share with anyone who you know can benefit. This month (June) Dr. Bob will be focusing on preventing surgery in regards to men's health. Also, make sure to join The Drugless Doctors' team out in the community this month. Go here to see where we'll be!
In June (and every month), we want to teach you our drugless tips on how to help age gracefully and to keep your youthful glow as long as possible!
A recent USA TODAY study done on people 60+, when asked about things they would have done differently to prepare for their senior years- the top 2 things were taken better care of their health and spending more time with family.
1. True health- is not more drugs or more surgeries, taking responsibility now-prevention now
2. Biological age vs. chronological age
3. Quality of lifestyle and diets can shorten or lengthen the human lifespan.
The Aging Process
- Oxygen and free radicals produce toxic chemicals in the body that hinder metabolism, accumulation of toxic breakdown products slows down body chemistry & interferes with enzyme functions. Scientists say we experience 10,000 individual free radicals each day.
- Sugar and inflammation- robs our body of minerals (especially chromium, potassium, zinc, and B vitamins). They prevent movement of essential fatty acid’s and stress out our pancreas and adrenal glands, inhibits our immune system, feeds yeast/bacteria, dissolves minerals in our teeth and causes WRINKLING.
Fact- rats that live on a calorie restricted diet with no sugar live 50% longer.
3. Stress and your environment- our capacity of stress has limits, if we exceed them our body breaks down, 2 types of stress: positive (things we choose to engage in/challenges us and strengthens) negative (tears us down). Physical, chemical, and emotional stresses on the body.
The Drugless Doctors Anti-Aging Plan
- Chiropractic: Supports your brain and nervous system. It stabilizes and enhances your ability to rebuild/heal yourself. It’s estimated there are 10,000 free radicals per day your body withstands. The CNS is the primary system that controls all function/healing in the body as well.
- Healthy fuel for your body- to help keep cells active/clean/moving
- Digestive efficiency, optimal bowel flora, bowel movements
- Clean water- drinking 1⁄2 your body weight in ounces per day
- Avoidance of external/internal toxic influences (air, environment, chemicals, foods)
- Exercise-brain and body health, detoxification, balancing hormones, movement is life
- Sunshine -> Vitamin D
- Positive goals, activities, supportive relationships, self-esteem
- Enjoyment of your own life- if it is to be, it is up to ME
- REST and RELAXATION!
Our Top 3 Anti–Aging Products
2. Bio- Protect Plus – high in antioxidants and green tea extract
3. Resveratrol 150 from Gaia Herbs– Antioxidants, anti-cancer, anti-diabetic
Summer’s in Northeast Ohio are always filled with plenty of fun activities, including farmer’s markets, ball games, and graduations. We also have plenty of fun within our community, especially our “Half-Hour to Health” on anti-aging strategies and the Cleveland Birth Expo. Hopefully we will see you at a few. Scroll down to continue to read about this month’s focus and our “@ Work” Lunch & Learns.
Our June Events
June 7 - Half-Hour to Health. Noon. Westlake. “Anti-Aging” Strategies
June 8 - Half-Hour to Health. 6p. Westlake. “Anti-Aging” Strategies
June 8 - Dr. Casen with the Cleveland Clinic. 6-7p. South Central Park, North Ridgeville.
June 10 - Drs. Anthony & Casen. 10a-2p. Avon Health & Safety Fair at Avon High School.
June 13 - Faster Results Workshop. 6p. Westlake. Helping you get fast health results.
June 13 - Dr. Casen at French Creek YMCA. 12-1p. Why Correct Posture is Important!
June 15 - Bay Arts Farmer’s Market. 5-8p
June 17 - “Cahoon in June.” 9a-4p. Cahoon Park - Bay Village
June 24 - Westside Flea @ North Olmsted Community Park 9a-3p
June 25 - Drs. Anthony and Casen. 10a-6p. Cleveland Birth Expo. Cooper Stone Catering & Event Center, Brooklyn
In-Office Specials for June – 10% off
Resveratrol 150 - This is a potent antioxidant that supports anti-aging properties: reduces stress on the heart, possible cancer suppressant, and improves muscular health
Bio-Protect Plus - Another powerful antioxidant that helps reduce the impact of oxidation stress on the body. It has a variety of known antioxidants to help keep your body young.
Complete Kare Spray - An excellent liquid spray for skin challenges associated with the summer: insect bites, burns, scrapes, cuts, hives, diaper rash, and sunburn. All of these can be impacted by the potent blend of vitamins that help the skin regenerate itself.
Raise your hand if you want to look young forever?!
In June we will be discussing the topic of Anti-Aging – check out this article for drugless tips and strategies for anti-aging.
We Would Love To Speak Where You Work!
Are you Interested in having us speak to your workplace during lunch? We help local businesses and corporations by discussing health strategies that are relevant in today’s competitive world. Have a great month!
May is Mental Health Month, and at The Drugless Doctors ,bringing awareness and drugless steps to help any symptoms of mental health, was and is our focus. The following video is of our "Half-Hour to Health" and we invite you to watch and if you would have any questions after watching, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist you! (Video Below)
Mental Health and Your Brain
What is mental health? Defined by WHO as a state of well-being, in which every individual realizes his or her own potential, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to her or his community.
Why are we, as Chiropractors, talking about mental health? Brain & Nervous System – Current research is showing that chiropractic care alone can increase brain function by 20-50%.
How does someone’s mental health impact their body and current state of health? Humans are the only animals who regularly experience a stress response without an actual stressor present.
1. Common conditions include: depression, anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), drug addiction, worry, social anxiety, phobias, and panic attacks.
2. Research: Alzheimer’s and Dementia have been linked to high aluminum levels in the brain.
3. Aluminum comes from: soil, water, air, foods, drugs, vaccines, deodorants, cosmetic products, and toothpastes. You may also find it in aluminum products, including: containers, foils, and cooking tools.
4. Traditional medical approach for mental health include: medications or therapy.
The Drugless Doctors approach: What can we do about these items from a natural perspective?
EFA blood spot test, lab work, zinc taste test, pH test, and hair mineral analysis; to name a few.
The Brain Diet; A good diet = A happy brain.
1. Stable source of energy: protein. (The brain uses roughly 20% of your energy, but is only about 2% of your body weight.)
2. Nutrients: nourishing food (green leafy vegetables, and a rainbow and variety of vegetables)
3. Antioxidants: reduce oxidation; keep the brain “clean”
4. EFA’S: protect the brain, decrease inflammation, and transmit messages
5. Water: drink ½ your body weight in ounces everyday (the brain is 78%water), thirsty = dull
6. Avoid: sugar, wheat, and soy (it takes minerals and zinc out of the body)
7. Get involved: don’t isolate yourself- BROGA, relationships, and social activities
Nutritional support for brain:
o Coconut Oil
o Vitamin D-Mulsion: Immune support, take 2-3 drops on tongue until April
o Essential Fatty Acids: Optimal EFAs for brain support, take 3 capsules/day or 1 teaspoon/day
o Li-Zyme Forte: a vegetable based lithium for mental stress and depression, 3 tablets, 3x/day
o Bio-B Complex: B vitamins for stress, take 1-3 tablets/day with meals
o Celtic Sea Salt: minerals get depleted during stress, use liberally
The Drugless Doctors is a chiropractic and nutrition-based wellness clinic in Westlake and Elyria, Ohio, a suburb of Cleveland. We specialize in advanced chiropractic techniques, pediatric chiropractic, sports chiropractic and personalized nutritional services.